The Channel 4 News commenting facility is operated by ITN and Channel 4 (referred to collectively here as "Channel 4 News", "we" or "us). Please be aware that any posting is governed by the Rules below and Channel 4's website Terms and Conditions and by submitting any posting/ content you accept these terms.
Disclaimer: Channel 4 News accepts no responsibility for user content and its accuracy or otherwise. The user content posted here are not the views or opinions of Channel 4 News. You must be 16 or over to submit a posting. If you become aware of any user content that you believe is offensive or breaches these Rules or the Terms and Conditions, please contact us by using the "Report" button at the bottom of the post .back to top
Any posting of any message or content by users ("Postings") to the Channel 4 News site is subject to the following rules (the "Rules").
- Postings must not:
- contain material that is defamatory, abusive, threatening, obscene, racially or sexually offensive, in breach of copyright, trade marks or other intellectual property rights, sexually explicit or homophobic or in breach of privacy or confidentiality or which encourages or condones any illegal or criminal activity or is in any way unlawful or inappropriate;
- contain swearing;
- constitute advertising,
- provide weblinks that amount to advertising or which are inappropriate or constitute spamming or flooding;
- relate to ongoing court cases;
- amount to share tipping or promote investments;
- contain software viruses or computer code or programs that could disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment.
- impersonate any person or entity;
- solicit or exchange personal information - for example do not give out your email address, home address, work place or telephone number or arrange to meet anyone;
- be misleading or inaccurate or portray anyone in a false light;
- contain material that is copied or that you do not own; or
- have inappropriate usernames that may be vulgar or offensive.
- You must be 16 or over to submit a Posting.
- You are responsible for liability and any legal action arising from your Posting. You indemnify us against all losses, claims, damages and expenses (including the cost of defending or settling any claim or damages), whether foreseeable or unforeseeable, suffered or incurred directly or indirectly arising from your Posting.
- You expressly understand and agree that neither we nor the makers of any software on the Channel 4 News site shall be liable to you for any loss or damage of whatever nature suffered by you in connection with your use of the Channel 4 News site, save for liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or their negligence or any other liability which it is not permitted by law to be excluded or limited.
- By submitting a Posting to the Channel 4 News site you grant us a worldwide royalty free licence to use your content in perpetuity and at our discretion in any media now known or hereafter developed and you now give us all waivers (including waivers of moral rights) and consents to do so.
- We may refuse to publish and/or remove any content at any time for any reason at our sole discretion. If you breach these Rules or the Terms and Conditions we may also prohibit you from submitting further Postings to the Channel 4 News site.
- We are not responsible or liable for any Posting or for its accuracy.
- Keep comments short and to the point: postings of more than 500 words are likely to be rejected. 10. These Rules are subject to the law of England and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.